Digital Technologies provides students with practical opportunities to use design thinking and to be innovative developers of digital solutions and knowledge. The subject helps students to become innovative creators of digital solutions, effective users of digital systems and critical consumers of information conveyed by digital systems.
This subject is an integrated approach to teaching technology. The Digital Technologies Curriculum is introduced to students via the following:
· Programming Structures – Sequence, Selection & Iteration
· Excel Spreadsheets – Performing Simple Coded Functions
· Text-based Game Design & Construction using a General-purpose Programming Language – Python
· Pseudo Code – Plain English planning using both Written & Graphical means
· Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Robotics – LEGO Mindstorms
Assessment in each area is based on the ACARA Achievement Standards
Assessment Type include:
Assessment tasks, practical work, and analysis of work completed.
THRIVE • RESPECT • INTEGRITY