Governance and Student Leadership
The Student Executive group will work collaboratively with all members of the Le Fevre High School community to ensure that each year the relationship within our school, internally and externally, will grow and develop. Our number one goal is to make sure that students have a voice that is heard by teachers to build our school spirit, support our school’s values.
The governing council plays a critical role in ensuring our continued success – which naturally translates into our students’ successes.
The governing council is the formal parent body of Le Fevre High School. It is highly regarded and recognised for its pro-active involvement in the educational advocacy and achievements of the school
Le Fevre High School Governing Council consists of:
- Principal (ex-officio)
- staff members (nominated to the council by election at a general staff meeting)
- elected parent representatives
- students (nominated by Student Voice)
- community representatives.
The majority of councillors must be elected parents of the school.
The role of Governing Council is to:
- provide a focus and forum for the involvement of parents and the school community
- set the broad direction and vision of the school
- strategic planning including developing, monitoring and reviewing the objectives and targets of the strategic plan; and considering, approving and monitoring human resource and asset management plans
- determine policies for the school including policies for the safety, welfare and discipline of students
- determine the application of the total financial resources available to the school including regular review of the budget
- monitor and review the Services Agreement with the Department for Education
- report to the school community and the Minister on the strategic plan, the school’s finances, operational plans and the Council’s operations.