This course will introduce students to aspects of engineering, construction and maritime shipbuilding industry. Students will learn welding, fabrication and machining skills and processes. Students use the design and realisation process to engineer solutions for the development of products or systems.
Students will be given the opportunity to:
- Learn to create a design brief that provides the basis for the development of potential solutions to design problems.
- Review design features, processes, materials and production techniques to assist with the realisation of the solution. A solution in this subject is an outcome of the design and realisation process in relation to the chosen context.
- Analyse influences on a product or system including ethical, legal, economic, and/or sustainability issues.
- Consider the practical implication of these issues on society or design solutions.
- Use new and evolving technologies.
- Apply appropriate skills, processes, procedures and techniques whilst implementing safe work practices in the creation of the solution. Learn to use the industry standard Autodesk Inventor software to design, create, model and assemble 3-dimensional objects.
Students are assessed against the MYP Design Cycle and Australian Curriculum Standard 9/10.